Attain complete emptiness,
Maintain steadfast quietude.
All things flourish
But each one returns to its root.
This return to its root means tranquility.
Therefore let people hold on to these:
Have few desires.
He who hoards most will lose heavily,
He who is contented suffers no disgrace.
There is no calamity greater than lavish desires.
There is no greater guilt than discontentment.
And there is no greater disaster than greed.
He who is contented with contentment is always contented.
- Tao Te Ching
15 Notes/ Hide
- sleep-garden likes this
- mymanatee reblogged this from individualityisthefruit
- mymanatee likes this
- tiger-and-blackbird reblogged this from individualityisthefruit
- darwinwoodka likes this
- the-non-conformist likes this
- enlighten-yourself reblogged this from individualityisthefruit
- individualityisthefruit posted this